Awning Hack for Windy Days
Updated: Mar 19, 2020
Yes, you can put your awning out on really windy, rainy days AND it will hold strong! This tip is just for short stays, when you don't wan't to go through the effort of securing/strapping down your awning. It won't be out all the way, but it will be just over half and is just an easy way to protect you and your belongings from the sun or rain during strong winds.
1. Roll out awning all the way
2. Slide up awning brace arm all the way, but don't tighten up the brace knob
3. Lift and extend leg about a foot up (must be exact length same both sides)
4. Hold onto strap and flick lever to roll awning up
5. Roll up awning until brace arm telescopically closes in on itself and stops
To put awning back, just do the steps in reverse.
Try it out and see what you think!